There are so many varieties of curries — from chicken, to beef, to all vegetable — I haven’t found a curry I didn’t like. 😉
It’s such a versatile dish too. Just find your favorite recipe and modify it to your liking. Use your favorite vegetables and meat and add as much or as little spice as you want and voila!, chicken curry! Serve over hot, steamed white rice and you’ll have yourself a delicious meal.
Give my recipe a try. It think you’ll like it. 🙂
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (or a mixture of white/dark chicken meat)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can (10 oz) straw mushrooms or you can use fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) young corn, sliced into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 can (8 oz) bamboo shoots
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut cream or coconut milk *Use 2 cans if you like lots of kadu.
- Other vegetables of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or use ½ cup freshly chopped sweet basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 2 bouillon cubes
- Hot chili peppers, sliced, optional
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- In a medium saucepan, add water, bouillon, onions, garlic, pepper, and chicken pieces; bring to a boil; cook for approximately 10 minutes over mediumhigh heat.
- Add potatoes to chicken; continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce, and remaining vegetables to pot; stir well to dissolve curry paste and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add coconut cream to pot. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 58 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add hot pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot rice.