Kimchee noodles is a quick and easy side dish that is a must-have for your gatherings, and it goes especially well with BBQ meat dishes.
This is my sister-in-law, Darlene’s recipe. It’s a tried-and-true recipe that’s requested often. It’s a great potluck dish too.
Dar’s complete recipe is located at the bottom of this post. Give it a try. I think you’ll like it. 🙂
Darlene’s Kimchee Noodles
These are the ingredients used to make the Kimchee Noodles. You can find them in most Asian markets.
Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the noodles then place into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil (the oil adds flavor and makes it easier to mix in the kimchee sauce).
Stir the kimchee sauce into the noodles.
Add daigo’ and cucumbers.
Serve and Enjoy!
- 1 package bean thread noodles (sometimes called Vermicelli)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kimchee base
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 English cucumber, diced small
- 1 pickled daikon radish, or daigo', diced small
- Boil the noodles until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the noodles; mix well to coat the noodles with the oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, kimchee base, and rice vinegar. Pour over the noodles; mix to combine all of the ingredients.
- Mix in the diced cucumbers and daigo'.