Easy Shortcut Chamorro Cake
This is an absolutely delicious cake, a favorite on Guam. This is absolutely fantastic served without any frosting; however, it’s also delicious served with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or as a base for Latiya.
This is my shortcut version, but be checking back for my “regular” Chamorro Cake recipe, which I’ll post soon!
- 1 box butter (yellow) cake mix
- 1 8-oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (use 1 teaspoon for a stronger lemon flavor)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together; pour the batter into a 13×9 pan.
3. Bake for 25 minutes (check at 20 minutes). A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out with a few crumbs sticking to it.