Daigo’ Kimchi with Rokkyo & Pickled Garlic
This is a very simple salad or side dish made with pickled daikon radish, pearl onions, and garlic. This is not a dish you want to eat before venturing out into public…your pores will exude an odor that is guaranteed to chase away even the scariest of vampires.
Daigo’ (pickled daikon radish), Rokkyo’ (pickled pearl onions) and pickled garlic are popular snacks on Guam. Visit your local village store and you’re likely to see large jars filled with these pickled delights for sale.
To make an easy kimchi, mix together Kimchee Base and white vinegar, adding it to the bowl of mixed vegetables.
Let the mixture marinate for about 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to develop. Serve and ENJOY! 🙂
Daigo' Kimchi with Rokkyo & Pickled Garlic
Author: Annie @ Annie's Chamorro Kitchen
- 1 package sliced pickled daikon radish
- 1 small package (about 2 cups) pickled pearl onions
- 1 small package (about 1 cup) pickled garlic
- ¼ cup Kimchee Base
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Hot pepper, optional
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Let the mixture marinate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Serve and ENJOY!