These little pillows of delight are delicious as a snack, appetizer, or served with your favorite soup or meal.
Give my recipe a try. I think you’ll like it.
Fluffy biscuits loaded with cheese, seasoned ground beef and BACON!
Author: Annie @ Annie's Chamorro Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons beef flavored Dashida
- 10 slices bacon
- 4 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (YES, mayo)
- 1 cup Sprite (YES, sprite)
- Brown the ground beef with the Dashida seasoning; set aside to cool.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Crumble the bacon into small bits; set aside. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooked ground beef, bacon bits, Bisquick mix, baking powder, and cheese.
- Fold in the reserved bacon fat, mayo, and sprite. Mix GENTLY, just until all ingredients are incorporated (do not overwork the dough).
- Using a large ice cream scoop (I used one that holds ¼ cup), scoop out balls of dough, placing them on a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Note: The cooked biscuit will feel slightly soft when the baking time is finished; do not be tempted to cook them longer, however. You are most likely feeling how soft the biscuits are because of the melted cheese.
- Immediately remove the biscuits to a wire cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy as a snack or with your favorite soup or meal.