This recipe is one of the simplest, and if you get your kids to help, it’s fun too!
My recipe is makes just the basic caramel-covered apple, but you can up the WOW! factor by adding toppings to the freshly dipped apples.
Our favorite toppings are:
- Toffee candy bits
- Chopped nuts
- Cookie pieces
- Mini M&M candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Miniature chocolate chips
The options are virtually endless when it comes to jazzing up your caramel apple. Give my recipe a try. Your kids will love you for it. 🙂
Crunchy apples covered with sweet, melted caramel
Author: Annie @ Annie's Chamorro Kitchen
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 small apples
- 1 bag (14 ounces) individually wrapped caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk (or heavy cream or coconut milk)
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Parchment paper
- Rinse the apples; dry them completely (or else the caramel sauce won't stick to them). Insert a popsicle stick into each apple.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the unwrapped caramels and milk into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly until the caramels melt. Let the caramel sauce cool for about 2 minutes before dipping the apples.
- Holding the popsicle stick, dip the apple into the caramel sauce, covering it almost completely. Let the excess caramel sauce drip into the pan then place onto the parchment paper to set. If adding additional toppings, do so immediately after dipping the apples into the caramel sauce then place onto the parchment paper.