Hafa Adai Everyone!
My teriyaki salmon is one of my go-to dinners since it’s so simple to make. This savory dish is definitely a classic with the light salmon and savory, umami, teriyaki sauce. My family likes to eat this with the extra sauce and some rice, but you can also serve this as onigiri with some spicy mayo!
We have this at least every other week since we almost always have the ingredients on hand, and if you make my recipes often then so will you 😉 .
Give my quick and easy salmon recipe a try!
Author: Hannah @ Annie's Chamorro Kitchen
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4 Servings
- 2 - 3 salmon filets
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil together.
- Set aside ⅓ cup of the sauce. Pour the rest of the sauce on the salmon.
- Bake covered with foil for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Heat the reserved sauce on low until it begins to simmer.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir until thick.
- Pour sauce onto cooked salmon, serve with rice and enjoy!