Fresh Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler is the ultimate summer dessert. I like using fresh peaches when they are in season, but canned peaches (in juice, not syrup) will do in a pinch.
This is a very easy dessert to make. The hardest part is peeling and slicing the peaches. However, if you ask my kids, the hardest part is actually waiting for the cobbler to finish baking! 😉
My complete recipe is at the bottom of this post. Give it a try. I think you’ll like it. 🙂
Fresh Peach Cobbler
Place the sliced peaches into a large mixing bowl. If you’re using canned peaches, be sure to drain all the liquid. 12 fresh peaches yields about 10 cups of peaches.
Add sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and lemon juice to the bowl.
Gently stir to combine all of the ingredients.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Add milk to the flour mixture.
Stir or whisk, just until a batter forms. A few small lumps in the batter are okay.
Pour the melted butter into the pan.
Pour the batter over the melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
Place the peaches on top of the batter. Again, DO NOT STIR.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the batter (that seep through to the top) is golden brown.
I love how the some of the batter rose through the peaches and sweet cinnamon sauce and settled on top. If you want more of the batter to seep through to the top, save some of the batter, placing dollops of it on top of the peaches before baking.
The peaches are perfectly cooked, not mushy at all. The batter is fluffy on the inside and just slightly crisp on the outside where the sugar caramelized on top.
What’s better than warm peach cobbler? Why, peach cobbler with ice cream, that’s what!
Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and ENJOY!
- 12 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- Place the sliced peaches in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Stir gently to combine all of the ingredients.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the milk; mix together until a batter forms.
- Pour the melted butter into a 9x13 pan.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Pour the peach mixture over the batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.