It’s a TV marathon night tonight! The lineup includes Survivor, Criminal Minds and CSI, three of my favorite shows.
To add to my TV-watching enjoyment, I baked a wheel of Brie (minus the puff pastry wrapping) topped with store-bought Pineapple Habanero sauce.
To make this at home, you’ll need:
- 1 wheel of good quality brie cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite jelly or fruit compote
- Optional: 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed plus 1 egg, beaten
1. Bake the entire wheel of Brie at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Optional: wrap the Brie in a sheet of puff pastry. Place the wrapped Brie on a pie plate, seam side down, then brush the entire surface with a beaten egg. Bake as stated above.
2. After baking, top with your favorite jelly or compote–pepper jelly is delicious too. I bought the pineapple habanero sauce at COSTCO.
3. Serve with crackers or toasted bagel chips.
Depending on the brand of brie you buy, you can actually eat the rind (the white outer “crust” surrounding the brie). The brand I buy actually has a very thin rind that is perfectly fine to eat. Depending on the brand, the rind can taste quite bitter, however. If you prefer not to eat the rind, use a sharp knife to cut the rind off before wrapping in puff pastry and baking.