This is not your typical coleslaw. I created this recipe to go with my fish tacos (find the recipe here), but I wanted a healthier version of the tradition mayo-base coleslaw.
My recipe does not use any mayo, and it also has a few HEALTHIER-FOR-YOU ingredients that kick up the flavor as well as the nutrition.
Give my recipe a try. I think you’ll like it.
- 2 bags (10-oz each) angel hair coleslaw (or 12 cups finely shredded cabbage)
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses (you can use honey, but the molasses is healthier for you…read more about its amazing health benefits here.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Stevia sweetener (or you can add 2 more tablespoons of honey)
Place the sliced cabbage in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Add the parsley.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage and parsley.
Toss the ingredients together. Refrigerate the coleslaw until you’re ready to serve your meal. This will give it time to let the flavors meld.
Serve along with your favorite meal and ENJOY!