There is something about the sweet smell of cinnamon and vanilla toasting up that makes you want to devour whatever is cooking. French Toast…it’s a favorite breakfast in our home. Actually, it’s a favorite any time of day, really! It’s a simple recipe, but my teenaged daughter puts her own spin on it, originally inspired by a neighbor friend of ours from when we lived in Seoul, Korea years ago. Give Hannah’s recipe a try. I know you’ll love it!
Hannah’s French Toast
- 8 slices Texast Toast
- 1 1/2 cups French Vanilla coffee creamer (or your favorite flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped cream
1. In a shallow bowl, mix together the creamer, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
2. Dip each slice of bread in the batter, just a few seconds on each side will do.
3. Fry in a buttered pan until browned on each side.
4. Serve while still hot, topped with more butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and topped with whipped cream.