Easy Ultra-Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes
Ahhh…the delicious aroma of cake baking is rivaled only by that of gooey chocolate chip cookies baking and filling your home with happiness. 🙂
Red velvet cake topped with sweet cream cheese frosting is one of my favorites.
These cupcakes were topped with a marshmallow flower made by slicing marshmallows (use a pair of kitchen scissors for easy cutting) then sticking the petals together to form a flower.
This is a super-easy recipe. Mix a box of red velvet cake mix with eggs, milk, oil, instant chocolate pudding, and red food coloring (for a deeper red color).
- 1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe red velvet cake mix
- 1 box (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup milk*
- 12 drops of red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into cupcake tins lined with paper liners, ¾ full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
- *Use 1 cup of milk (instead of ¾ cup)
- Do not preheat the oven. Prepare the batter and fill the cupcake tins, THEN turn on the oven. When the oven temperature reaches 250 degrees, place the pans in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes; the time starts when the temperature reaches 350 degrees (check for doneness at 10 minutes). The cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.