I made pancakes for my kids’ breakfast this morning, but the hubby and I wanted something heartier. Here’s my version of homemade chorizo. It’s delicious with eggs and rice!
Here’s how it’s done:
Brown the ground beef and drain off excess fat.
Add all the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
Add more hot pepper to taste.
Stir to combine.
Serve and enjoy! I especially love this with hot steamed white rice and a fried egg.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 packet achote powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (Apple Cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Donne dinanche (crushed pepper), more or less to taste
- *I also added 1 teaspoon fennel seed, and 1 teaspoon ajinomoto, but this can be omitted.
- Brown the ground beef and drain off excess fat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!